If you don’t have enough gear to need your own booth at the Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo, you can sell individual items on site at the Used Gear Outpost — provided it meets the standards set forth in this document. All gear will be checked before it is allowed in the Used Gear Outpost, and we reserve the right to refuse any items for any reason.
What Can I Sell?
We will accept the following items at the Used Gear Outpost. If the item(s) you wish to sell do not fall into one of the categories specified below, it will not be allowed. Sorry!
• Camping: Tents, backpacks, sleeping bags and camp furniture.
• Cycling: Complete bikes, bike trailers and bike trainers. (No bike components or apparel.)
• Paddling: Canoes, kayaks, paddleboards and paddles. (No PFDs or apparel.)
• Racks: Trailer hitch racks, rear-mount racks and roof racks.
• Snow Sports: Skis, snowboards, boots and bindings. (No apparel.)
• Strollers: Jogging strollers.
How Does It Work?
Each individual will be limited to a total of five (5) items in the Used Gear Outpost. If you have more than five items that you would like to sell, consider purchasing a vendor booth by contacting Zac Metcalf at 314-561-4701 or email@example.com.
1. Bring the item(s) you wish to sell with you to the Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo on January 14. You will need to purchase a ticket online or at the door in order to enter the expo.
2. Upon entering the expo, proceed to booths F20-F21 in the back righthand corner of the main exhibit hall.
3. Check in with a Used Gear Outpost volunteer, who will inspect your item(s) to make sure they are suitable for sale and meet our requirements. The Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo reserves the right to refuse any items for any reason.
4. Fill out the tag(s) provided by the Used Gear Outpost volunteer and tie securely to the item(s) you wish to sell. Each tag will include the name of the item (make and model), the size (if applicable), the price, the seller’s name and the seller’s mobile phone number.
5. Once the tag is completed and affixed to the item(s), you are free to walk around and enjoy the expo while our volunteers keep watch on the item(s) in the Used Gear Outpost.
6. Other show attendees will be able to browse the items in the Used Gear Outpost but will not be able to remove them from the fenced area. If an attendee is interested in purchasing an item, he or she will call the phone number listed on the tag and the item’s owner can return to the Used Gear Outpost to close the deal.
7. At the end of the day, or whenever a Used Gear Outpost seller would like to leave the expo, he or she can pick up his or her item(s) and have one of our volunteers check them out. Items not picked up by 5 p.m. on January 14 will be donated to a charity of our choosing. We are not responsible for storing or returning any gear that is left behind.
Additional questions can be directed to Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo show director Brad Kovach at 314-241-4310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.